Terms - Dog Services
Use of the services of ThePotterFamily Ltd will be deemed acceptance of the following terms and conditions. ThePotterFamily Ltd reserves the right to make changes to these terms at any time. The terms “we”, “us” or “our” shall refer to ThePotterFamily Ltd. The terms “you”, “your” or “yourself” shall refer to any individual who accepts this agreement.
- You agree to complete your dog’s details via our website completely and truthfully. These details must be kept up to date at all times. Failure on your part to disclose any matter whether material fact or not, which in our view might render your dog unsuitable for staying with us will amount to breach of conditions and termination of your dog’s stay without refund. Any behavioural problems must be disclosed.
- Your dog must have up-to-date vaccinations including kennel cough and have been protected against fleas, worms and external parasites. A vaccination record history must be seen by us prior to any bookings, and a scan/photocopy of this will be taken.
- All dogs must be microchipped.
- Your dog must be used to living in a home environment, be housetrained and must not exhibit territorial marking.
- An emergency contact will be required for each dog that stays with us. The term “emergency contact” throughout these terms refer to the emergency contact details filled out by you via our website.
- The emergency contact must be aware of their role, duties and responsibilities and be available for the duration of the booking.
- In the event of an emergency, we will attempt to contact you or the emergency contact and if necessary the emergency contact is expected to make any decisions with regard to your dog. If you or the emergency contact cannot be reached, we reserve the right to act on your behalf, seeking and following advice from a veterinary surgeon, providing it is acting in the best interest of your dog. We recommend that your dog is insured against sickness, accident, injury and third party liability prior to the start of the stay.
- You agree that if your dog attacks, or is involved in a fight with, another dog (and/or person) causing injury to that dog (and/or person), you will be responsible for any losses incurred as a result including, but not limited to, payment of veterinary fees in respect of injuries to another animal caused by your dog.
- You are responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred whilst your dog is in our care.
- We will make every effort to provide high standards of care but we cannot be held liable for loss, injury or death.
- You or the emergency contact is responsible for reimbursing any costs incurred by us if any damage, other than reasonable wear and tear, is caused to our home or possessions by your dog.
- If your dog escapes from the premises (assuming no negligence is found on our part), any liability for your dog’s actions remains the responsibility of yourself.
- If, while you are away, we cannot continue to care for your dog through problems such as sickness or behaviour, then we will advise yourself and emergency contact accordingly. If the emergency contact is unable or unwilling to take the dog, then we will, in consultation with the emergency contact, find suitable kennels or veterinary accommodation for the dog. There will be no refund of payments that have been paid and you will be responsible for all associated fees.
- We are unable to accept any dog that have shown aggression towards other dogs and/or people or subject to the terms of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991. No dogs registered under this act will be accepted for care.
- You are responsible for supplying enough food for the duration of your dog’s stay as well as bedding and a suitable lead/harness. If insufficient food is supplied you will be responsible for reimbursing us for costs incurred in the purchase of more food.
- Your dog must wear a collar with an identity tag showing your name and address. This is a legal requirement. Your dog will also wear a “ThePotterFamily” identity tag on its collar during its stay.
- You agree that if after seven days of the booked return date you have not collected your dog and we have made every attempt to contact you or the emergency contact without success then your dog will be put up for re-homing.
- If you collect your dog before the confirmed end date of the stay then any part-refunds will be at our sole discretion.
- You are responsible for payment for services seven days prior to the commencement of the booking, unless the services are booked at short notice in which case you agree to settle payment before booking commences.
- Where payment is not received in accordance with these terms and conditions of business, we reserve the right not to proceed with any previously agreed arrangements, we also operate a zero tolerance policy for non-payments and failure to settle invoices will incur additional fees and court proceedings.
By using our services, you agree to the above terms and conditions and acknowledge the following:
- You agree that you are responsible for all risk of personal injury, death or disability to us, our family, our resident dogs or any third parties that might result or arise from the boarding of your dog in our home. You are also responsible for any damage, loss or harm to our or any third party’s personal property which your dog may incur. You understand that owning a dog and leaving your dog in the care of any person, whether accustomed to or not, has inherent risks. By proceeding with this transaction you understand that you voluntarily give up any right to sue the above mentioned parties and release us of all liability including without limitation, any injuries, illness, or accidents, which may occur as a result of your dog using our services.